Sunday, October 30, 2005

Cool Hand Texas No Name Neil the Kid 2 - Rewenge!

Us poker sharks were foolishly invited to a Microsoft colleague's beautiful house for an evening of poker education from her son and his croupier young friends. This is much faster poker that I was used to, with doubling blinds every 15 minutes. Games tended not to last too long and unless you held your nerves and tells in check, you were plundered. Which I was, big fat loser first off the table.

Scorned, I vowed revenge. I inherited another players chips and made a nice stash out of them, before being plundered again, gaaah! So the young 'uns, engorged with success and all my money retired upstairs to continue the game. M'colleague and I played them again, and I carefully danced my way into a healthy looking pot. He tried to make me flap with an all in, but I just caught the tiniest twitch of his little finger as he drew his hand away from his chips and decided to call him. He had nowt, and I smugly retired him from the table. My thirst was up for more casualties, and shooed another guy off the game with the most outrageous bluff, so it was one on one with the last kid on the table. After the river, he called all in, and I couldn't refuse as I was looking at getting an ace high flush, the turn card took me one step closer, then the river card...! Aaaagh! Exactly the wrong card for me and just what my remaining opponent needed. We split the game cash 70\30 so I at least only came away $5 down instead of $20.

Not a bad poker night, but it was a little serious for what was a casual social evening. I reckon I'm ready to hit the high roller tables now.

No comments: